1.2K views

How can this company still be in business?! And much more concerning is why are companies still using them to "help" their employees??

Cartus will put you through *** and back, and make an already stressful moving situation much more costly and stressful than you could possibly imagine.

While selling our house Cartus almost made it impossible for the buyer to actually purchase our house because of all the testing they wanted to do. The buyer was even willing to buy the house "as is" just to get the deal closed. So Cartus decided that the only way we could sell the house was to drop us from the program. My wife, myself, and even the real estate agent, who they provided, were dumbfounded. The real estate agent had actually said they have never had a client (under their agreement Cartus actually becomes the client) who didn't want to sell a house so bad! They were supposed to be there to help and yet they were only inhibiting us from selling our house.

Then, as if that wasn't enough, the buying on the other end has been even worse and is costing us several thousands of dollars. Because we hadn't read the reviews that were on here prior to accepting the help from Cartus, we decided to use them as our mortgage company. HUGE MISTAKE...HUGE!!! And I would seriously reconsider if you are looking at them. We are now to the point where we would've rather used Giuseppe's cousin Vito who works for the sketchy people on the corner of x and y! At least with them you have a good idea of when the knife will be plunged into you. With Cartus, you never know what their next stab will be, or when. We were closing on a house almost a week ago now when the Cartus loaning firm decided that we not only needed to pay a certain acct, but it needs to be closed as well. Ok, I can accept this, fully and reasonably. BUT WHY WAIT TILL CLOSING DAY TO TELL US THIS??? In the meantime we will continue to rent (which is not cheap when it's considered short term), pay for our storage ($97/day), and now pay the builder a $100/day for Cartus' delays!

Long story short, GO ELSEWHERE. If/when Cartus comes offering help, read it for what it actually is, and it could not be any further from being help! Pay more - don't think you'll save money with Cartus, because in the end you won't. Educate yourself - don't think you'll save time with Cartus, because in the end you won't. When you see something that looks like a handout from Cartus, remember it's nothing more than a bright light that's energized and you're nothing more than an annoying mosquito.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of home mortgage from Cartus. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Cartus to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was lack of respect. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Cartus for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Cartus?

Comments

Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States #962465

So, to understand, are you stating that you would not recommend Cartus?

JonWyatt
Danbury, Connecticut, United States #958685

I am sorry to hear about the issues, and would like an opportunity to connect with you. Please call me at our Office of the President on Monday at 1-888-767-9357 so we can get additional detail. I hope to hear from you soon.