Move yourself or sell your belongs - CARTUS is horrible!!!!!
This was our FIRST relocation.I wished I would have known someone who could have prepared me because trusting Cartus or SHM was a mistake.
South Hill Movers was the company assigned to us from Cartus relocation company. Two men arrived on 12/16/15 & 12/17/15 packed the entire home. I found paperwork to review the home contents and everything was listed as HEAVILY SOILED, SCRATCHED, BROKE, CRACKED, RUBBED and WARPED. It read as if my home contents needed to go from the house to the thrift store.
I called Dale Richards the driver out about the condition listed. He said, you are not supposed to be reviewing until the end. All of the CONDITION of my items were in a code which could be deciphered with time. I called Lexi Brown our contact at SHH movers and her response was, "Oh, I'll change it, you bought additional insurance".
Our home contents arrived 1/11/16. They had 3 guys unpack us plus Dale's girlfriend. Three of the 4 people were not SHM employees. It took all of 2 hours.
I was asked to sign paperwork. The paperwork mentioned damaged or missing items. I asked Dale Richards and was told I had 3 months to file a claim and the only thing I was acknowledging was the contents was delivered on 1/11/16 as agreed. I had all boxes unpacked by 1/19/2016.
I contacted Jan Henderson at South Hill to let her know we had 2 boxes missing. She did a trace and several days later called back stating the other 4 individuals on the truck state they didn't get your boxes and the driver Dale Richards says they were delivered. We filed a claim within the 100 days allowed for damaged and missing items. This was done with insurance company Unrisic out of CA.
Immediately the insurance claim analyst Fawn Soto said missing items would not be reimbursed because they had to be claimed 1/11/16. There was no way in 2 hours anyone could have known anything was broke, damaged or missing. We purchased additional insurance with Cartus only to have Cartus email us stating they would reimburse her for the policy because it should have never been offered. The policy was to pay "ACTUAL" replacement cost verses "PRO-RATED COST".
The claim was filed 3/22/16 and to date 5/6/16 we have had nothing repaired, nothing replaced and have been told nothing in the two boxes will be allowed. I would never recommend anyone using this company. They are looking for ways to cover their butts in the event they damage your items. It shouldn't be a fight.
It takes FOREVER to get reimbursed for expenses, Cartus pushes you to sell your home for pennies on the dollar. We rebought using Cartus Mortgage and three days before closing we found out we would be paying $30 more per month for 9 years on PMI insurance. The next time we relocate, we with move ourselves or we will sell and take the buy-out but WE WILL NOT use CARTUS ever! I also called and spoke with Jon in the CEO's office.
All he is going to provide is a lip service.
This company is NOT for the person relocating.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Horrible customer service
- Nobody likes being taken advantage of
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Labor Ready dont care about people. You can be a half decent worker that some companies want to hire but what Labor Ready will then do is deliberately put you..."
- "Hello I had the same ugly experience few days ago. For the exact amount, 39,80 ... Therefore I do not tell the same story. I was trying to contact them, but no..."
- "At first, they showed initiative but as an agency in the H street Chula Vista , San Diego Office, Express Employment has SEVERELY dissappointed me with their lack of communication..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model. "Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."