Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I am moving halfway across the country in under 2 weeks and I have been working with Cartus since the beginning of October and the whole experience has been a nightmare. I have already had to call the office of the president once to get an issue resolved and it looks as if that will be the case yet again.

We are moving with a teenage child and instead of spending a ton of money on a hotel while our apartment is being prepared for move in we opted for a homeaway option which allows you to rent empty furnished homes. Getting a root canal would have been much easier then getting the first half of the payment reimbursed for this expense and after 2 weeks of having to resubmit multiple times and make phone calls to Cartus it was finally taken care of and I was reassured that this would not be an issue going forward. Well here I am into week 2 of waiting for reimbursement for the second half of the very same expense. I figured I would give them the benefit of doubt that this would not be a long drawn out headache as before and then after waiting a week I sent my consultant a email to check on the report and of course there was a hold up because accounting had questions about how many people were in my family, even though it clearly states that in my family profile.

I leave in 2 weeks and my budget is really tight and this is putting me behind schedule. I have reached out to my consultant but have gotten little response from her or explanation as to why I was not contacted when this delay occurred, and as to how long her "re-submission" of my report is going to take.

This company is getting paid to take the stress out of a relocation and they are doing the exact opposite and being a great source of added stress. Employers do your employees a favor and look into other options for your relocation needs.

Review about: Cartus Relocation Service.

Reason of review: Everything .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of structure and guidance, Lack of organization and follow up.

Comments

JonWyatt
#1391969

I would like an opportunity to connect with you on any issues you are experiencing. Can you please call me at our Office of the President at 1-888-767-9357 so I can get additional detail and assist?

Stay calm.

It's only a bunch of stuff.

And hardly the stuff of "nightmare".

You've led a very sheltered life if you call a difficult move a "nightmare".

Wait until you have a real nightmare situation someday. You will forget about this.

to Tommy #1392299

Trust I am very well ready to put this company behind me and I am very calm about the situation but it has been a nightmare dealing with this company. I am 12 days out for a cross country move and they have done anything put their job to make this transition easy for my family and I.