Turnaround Time

Buying our "first" home together, my husband and I, were so excited/elated to be doing so.... but unfortunately this company (Cartus) has made what should have been a very easy and pleasant transaction into a nightmare. They lack organization and follow up/response time along with a lack of professionalism and sense of urgency. So much so that we have seriously considered walking away from this deal and house, which would be a HUGE disappointment for us.

We were scheduled/supposed to close today (Thursday) and we got a call at 4:30pm (talk about Cartus waiting til the "last minute") the evening before scheduled closing (Wednesday) telling us that they had to change our close date out for ANOTHER 5 days. My husband and I both have very hectic job schedules and worked very hard to get the time off needed to move us to our new home. This is also vacation time for us which I would say isn't a vacation at all. As two working professionals ourselves who had taken time off from work and are on a strict schedule, we have completely been inconvenienced. Talk about NO REGARD for the buyer (us) on Cartus' end. Another weekend and 5 days of living among all these moving boxes.. And we booked a moving company to help facilitate the move and now we are under the wire because the moving date has changed AGAIN due to Cartus lack of organization/urgency in getting their paperwork done on time... and the moving company is not sure they will be able to accomodate our new moving date which has been moved to almost a week out of the original date scheduled.

Their treatment of their customers this way isn't only annoying but insulting. If I am ever in the situation of looking for a new home again, I can say with 100% certainty that I will NEVER purchase a home again that is listed through them or they have any involvement with. Bullshit And I warn anyone to do yourself and family a big favor and STAY AWAY from Cartus

All in all, they are awful to deal with and I would recommend all to find other more service-oriented companies to work with. Stay away from Cartus. Do yourself a big favor...save yourself the stress and hassle. It is not worth it. If you don't believe me, just google Cartus complaints and you will see for yourselves.

** We also left voicemails at the "Office of the President" with no return call at this point in time. **

I don't know if this is typical of all relo companies, but I'd suggest avoiding them, or at least avoiding CARTUS... Bullshit Shocked

Product or Service Mentioned: Cartus Home Buying.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lack of respect, Lack of professionalism, Lack of urgency, Delays in closing.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 09.

Comments

JonWyatt

We regret that you had an unpleasant experience. As explained by our Office of the President, the closing delay was requested by your attorney. The sale has now closed and we wish you all the best in your new home.